- Excellent opportunity with a community-based organisation
- Rewarding and meaningful role with a small dedicated team of professionals
- Part-time position, 22.8 hours (3 days) per week
- Supportive, family-friendly work environment
- Located in Canberra
A Gender Agenda (AGA) aims to support the goals and needs of the intersex, transgender and gender diverse communities of Canberra and the surrounding region. Through education, advocacy, peer support and professional networks we connect people to each other and build off the wisdom of collective experiences.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for coordinating training and community programs which support AGA's strategic direction and business plans. The position is also responsible for supporting the development and delivery of a wide range of community based training and education programs.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and substantial experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of education, training and/or development programs
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and support staff in delivering training and community education programs
- The ability to successfully market training programs with strong influencing and persuasion skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation and negotiating skills, including the ability to effectively establish partnership arrangements with other organisations
- Demonstrated reliability in meeting deadlines and commitments, with an ability to set realistic goals, problem-solve and establish work priorities.
- A valid Working with Vulnerable People Registration (WWVP)
- A tertiary qualification relevant to the position (eg. Social Work, Psychology) will be highly regarded
Ideally, the successful applicant will have lived experience and /or a strong identification of engaging effectively and working collaboratively with diverse communities, including members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex and Gender Diverse communities.
The position offers a generous salary, plus super, plus salary packaging options.
Join us today!